|Governor||Name||Start Date||End Date||Position||Photo|
|Mr Richard Hatt||Head Teacher|
Finance & Premises Committee
|Foundation Governor||Mr Brian Osborne||10.03.19||09.03.23||Vice-Chair|
Data Committee (Chair)
(Previously Community Governor to 14.07.15)
|Mr Ian Cunningham||14.07.19||13.07.23||Chair|
Finance & Premises Committee
|Ex Officio Foundation Governor||Rev. Rebecca Harris||16.03.21||01.05.22|
|LA Governor||Mr Keith Harvey||07.12.19||06.12.23||Finance Governor|
Finance & Premises Committee (Chair)
|Staff Governor||Ms V Heslop||14.07.18||13.07.22||Data Committee|
(Previously Parent Governor to 03.10.17)
|Mrs Naomi Styles||03.10.17||02.10.21||Data Committee|
|Parent Governor||Mr Andrew Down||06.11.19||05..11.23||Finance & Premises Committee|
– Premises Governor
|Parent Governor||Mr Gavin Davis||06.11.19||05.11.23|| |
|Parent Governor||Mr Jason Greatley||06.11.19||05.11.23||Finance & Premises Committee|
|Parent Governor||Mrs Jen Austin||06.11.19||05.11.23||Curriculum Committee SEN Governor|
|Mrs Caroline Ayton||16.03.21||Clerk|
Governors register of interests
The Governing Body – what is it?
Every school has to have a Governing Body made up of a number of governors to oversee the running of the school.
Our Head Teacher, Mr Hatt, with the Leadership Team, organises and manages the school on a day to day basis, within policies and guidance agreed by the Governing Body.
The governors are accountable to the Diocese, the local authority and, most importantly our community – our children, our staff, our parents and our local people as well as Ofsted.
The governing body is responsible for
- Making sure the school provides the best possible education for all its pupils.
- All major decisions about the school and its future.
- Setting the school’s vision and strategic aims,
- Maintaining the Christian ethos of the school
- Monitoring and evaluating performance to ensure the school is accountable to those it serves.
- Acting as a challenging advocate to the head teacher and staff.
- Agreeing budgets, policies and targets
- Monitoring our pupil premium funding to ensure that the money is spent efficiently in helping our disadvantaged children to achieve as well as they can
What sort of people make up the Governors?
To be a really effective set of governors it is healthy to have a good cross section of the community represented. Each school’s governing body has a specific make up depending on what type of school it is.
Our school is a Church of England Voluntary Controlled Junior School and the Governing Body is made up of:
- Foundation Governors who are appointed by the church
- Parent Governors who are elected by parents
- Staff Governors (including the Head Teacher) who represents the staff
- One Local Authority Governor who is appointed by Wiltshire Council
- Community Governors.
How do you know what the Governing Body are doing?
The minutes of the Governing Body meetings are available upon request from the school office, so you can read up about what’s going on.
Important decisions are also communicated through our School website and you can read about what we have been doing in the Governors Annual Report below.
Governors Annual Report 20-21
How you can contact us?
If you would like the Governors to consider an issue, please write to or email the Clerk to the Governors, Caroline Ayton on email@example.com or contact the school office.
You can also come and talk to us when you see us around the school, at events or on one of our frequent school visits.