Letter from Mr Hatt re: Lockdown
January 4th 2021
I do apologise for the lateness of this email but we heard from Boris Johnson at the same time as you did. In consultation with the deputy head Mrs. Duffy we have agreed the following:
1. The school will be closed to all children tomorrow to enable staff to organise the finishing touches to our remote learning packages, finalise key worker classes and organise the staff to run them. We will send out confirmation information tomorrow on the details of these arrangements.
2. Remote learning and key worker classes fully operational on Wednesday and to remain in place until at least February 12th.
3. All parents wishing to bid for key worker classes for their children must have their requests into school by 11am tomorrow.
4. Ongoing communication will be primarily through your child’s class Dojos. If you have yet to log on to Dojos please contact us at school and we will guide you through.
5. Remote learning will be organised for all but if any parent would like paper copies of the work please let us know by 11am tomorrow.
6. Those families in need of the FSM will be contacted as to the arrangements we are putting into place.
7. We are putting more staff in the office to help with your queries via telephone and email. But please bear with us as it may take time to get through and respond.
It was a joy seeing your children today and reminded me of what a fabulous school community we have. Thank for your understanding, support and positivity I know together Westbury Juniors will get through this.
Year 4 were visited by Teach Rex and Sol the dragon. We started the day with some story telling and ...Read More